Monday, August 8, 2011

How does one begin a career in tea tasting and purchasing for a tea importer?

I have quite a taste for tea, and I am very young (so my taste buds are still well intact.) I want to travel the world and taste all the teas there are. I know it sounds a bit like a young, idealistic adult looking for a fun, easy job -- but I really have a passion for tea. I can already tell the difference between Gyokuro and Sencha, or Formosa Oolong and Eastern Beauty Oolong just by smell. I have a vast knowledge of teas (and by teas, I mean actual tea, not Lipton or other such brands), but the only positions I can find require years of experience and a business degree. Where can I get an entry level position in this field that will give me an actual experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment