Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My head gasket on a 96 Honda Civic is blown...would it be better to replace it, get a new engine, or move on?

The car has 200,000 miles and it would cost about $1250 to fix the headgasket, timing belt, and a few other things (70% chance it's fixable). OR it would be $2500 to get a new engine with 60,000 miles installed with a one year warranty. I don't really want to buy a new car because I don't have the money right now and am not sure how long I'll be in the states, and I just got new tires. The car is in pretty good condition besides this. Does anyone also know how much the car would be worth if I didn't do anything and just sold it broken, or how much it would be worth with a new engine...so that I can have a more informed idea of what to do? Thanks so much for all your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment