Friday, August 12, 2011

1990 Honda Civic DX hatchback back-side window part?

Ok, I've been looking up proper terminology for these parts, and I'm coming up empty after sifting through a ton of parts sites. I have a 1990 Civic HB, and I'm looking for the plastic clip piece that connects to the back-side (elongated) windows. I've always just called them "wing windows" - ya know, with the metal extender arms to prop them open to allow airflow from the front of the vehicle while driving?... What I need is the plastic part/lock that locks the window in opened/closed positions on the arm-hinge. As it stands, I have no tension keeping the window in place while driving, so it can swing fully out indefinitely until it breaks loose from the vehicle - and it doesn't have any tension to keep rain water out, Anyone have any idea what the official name for that part is? I really need to get that fixed before I drive too much. I have a ribbon tying it to the vehicle as a temporary "right now fix" - and I really don't want to resort to duct taping the window shut hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment