Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I am an AA heretic looking for deprogramming, where should I go/what should I do?

I told many of my AA "friends" as well as my sponsor that I have decided to leave the "program" as I find it ineffective and cult-like. For the past two months I have lived exactly the opposite lifestyle that AA teaches (minus the drinking, but alcohol was never my problem, I was a drug addict, there was just no NA in my area). As such, I have been labeled as something of a heretic. Everyone in the recovery community views me as incredibly stupid and dangerous. I dont care. Theyre all bat **** crazy the way I see it. Anyway, I want to get all of this AA nonsense out of my head, and though I dont want to drugs, I would like to "socially" drink, and I have confidence that I can learn to do this. Were should I go or what should I do to deprogram myself from all this ridiculousness and learn to drink responsibly? To people who believe in AA, please refrain from offering one of your mindless slogans or any "God given wisdom" you think you may have. You zealots are 10 times crazier and more "dangerous" than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment